Sunday, January 8, 2012

Bandai Super Robot Chogokin SRC Choryujin Review

Hello everyone! Welcome back to another Chogokin review from me. Today I am going to review Bandai Super Robot Chogokin SRC Choryujin! First of all, I must say Bandai kept us all well in the dark by not revealing the symmetric docking feature of Choryujin until we found out about it ourselves when we open the box. This to me is a pleasant surprise because it means we can expect the other combiner to be released and we can mix and match them to form the variant combination as per the anime.


Although the bodies are split in half, you can combine them into one very well and the center line is not very obvious. Not only that, you can still rotate the waist, thanks to the creative and innovative engineering of this figure.

The back view of the figure is also considerably neat and clean, which is something I really like about it.
Despite the huge shoulder pads that restrict the motion and articulation to a certain extent, I would say that this does not prevent you from recreating most of the trademark poses of Choryujin, just like it's 4 cannon attack.

As per the anime, Choryujin can also hold it's cranes with his hands, thanks to the additional parts provided to create the handles for the cranes.
Extended cranes and a bigger piece of the chest plate are also provided to replicate the defence pose that Choryujin does to shield against allies from strong blasts.
In order to support the 99 Eraser head, a stand is provided to support the end of the head so that it stays in place and not fall off.

A special right fist is also provided with a tab that can be inserted into the Eraser so that Choryujin can hold the Eraser head without the help of the support stand. However, it is not easy to get the fist tabbed into the Eraser and it falls off quite easily while you adjust the pose. But once you get it properly in place, it can hold really well, even the weight of the extended Eraser head, the 999 Eraser head.
Overall, Choryujin is an excellent figure and a must have for GaoGaiGar fans. I love it and I look forward to the next GaoGaiGar character that will be released, which is none other than Big Volvogg!

Check out my Youtube video on Choryujin.






Do check out  http://www.ishop2go.com/ for your SRC needs. =)

6 comments:

  1. I'm extremely impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself? Anyway keep up the excellent quality writing, it’s rare to see a nice blog like this one today..
    2XU Women's Women'S Graduated Performance Compression 3/4 Tights

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx for your comment. This is a customized page and done by me. Hope u enjoy my review in the future

      Delete
  2. that's right joshua, this type of blog is very rare. Great job Sean i would like you to congratulate for doing this great blog. I love the background of this blog, not to mention also the exceptional review of the Super Robot Chogokin. I always got my getter robot Chogokin at PIJ. Where's yours? if you have..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thx, jennifer,

    keep watching ours new channel. i would post all new release chogokin here for my fan's review. enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s actually a cool and helpful piece of information. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.I am extremely happy to seen it and wanna a copy of this.Although I have some toys that I collected from PIJ I’m excited in great extent! http://bit.ly/Aquarion

    ReplyDelete