Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Super Robot Chogokin SRC Daizyujin Review

Go! Go! Power Rangers~! Hello everyone! My review today is on Bandai Super Robot Chogokin Daizyujin. While Daizyujin origins from the Japanese Sentai series Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger, I am sure many of us outside of Japan would know Daizyujin as the first Megazord from the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers series.

Daizyujin is a very nice figure in terms of its weight, articulation and overall finishing. The design gives a powerhouse feel to the robot and details are paid to the entire robot. There is quite a lot of diecast content in the chest, red partat the back, back skirt and the entire yellow and blue legs, minus the sabertooth tiger an triceratop heads.


If you observe the back of the thighs, you will see the silver parts, which are the feet of the Tyranosarus Rex. I am really impressed at the level of details paid to this piece.

The cannons on the back can be flipped up to the shoulders to simulate a firing stance. I am not sure if the DX Daizyujin toy can do the same since I do not own one. The cannons, being on ball joints, are very articulated and you can actually make them aim towards various angles.

Daizyujin also comes with a red/blue lightning attack effect part that you can attach on this head. I do not recall this attack from the Power Rangers series I watched but I guess it is perhaps one of the lesser used form of attacks. Still, the effect part is a great touch to the figure.

The mammoth head shield is one of the key accessories of Daizyujin. Look at how imposing Daizyujin is holding the shield as if he is pushing it outwards to block an incoming attack. I thought it might have been a bonus if the mammoth thrunk can be move. Alas, it is fixed.

And of course, the main weapon of Daizyujin is his sword. The sword is made entirely of plastic, which honestly I am a little disappointed in because I would love this wonderful weapon to be made of diecast. The sword is very detailed with the engravings on the side and the matt gold finishing.

With great articulation on the arms, Daizyujin can easily hold the sword with both hands and wield various awesome double hand poses.

And finally, we have the effect part for the sword that you can insert directly onto the sword to simulate the finishing move of Daizyujin.


Daizyujin is a wonderful figure and I highly recommend him, especially if you are a Power Rangers fan. This is a very popular piece and I am sure it will be a sell out.

Daizyujin is availabe now at http://www.ishop2go.com

Go here to order Daizyujin directly: http://www.ishop2go.com/productUR_033_PR_0000530_Prt_en.html

Do also check out my Youtube video review of Daizyujin here:

No comments:

Post a Comment