Thursday, January 5, 2012

Bandai Super Robot Chogokin SRC Solar Aquarion Review

Hello everyone! Today I present to you my review on Bandai Super Robot Chogokin SRC Solar Aquarion. Compared to the DX version of the toy released years ago, the SRC version is not transformable. However, it offers a full range of motion and articulation that the DX version of the toy does not. This allows us to replicate a lot of dramatic action poses that we see in the anime and I must say I am very impressed  with this piece.

A lot of details are paid to this piece, from the imprints on the robot to every single point of articulation. In fact, there are so many moving parts that I just lost count. The only part that I felt perhaps Bandai could have done, was to give Solar Aquarion double jointed elbows. That could allow him to do even more poses. However, I believe it may be due to the nature of the design of the robot that Bandai decided not to give him double jointed elbows. Still, this does not take away how impressive this piece is.

There are many points of articulation for the wings that really allows you to pose the wings in any way you like, to your heart's content. Apart from the articulation of the wings, I am very impressed by the amount of details given to the chrome parts of the open wings. And just so that we won't get frustrated with the wings not folding up nicely, there are pegs to lock the closed wings in place so that, well, they stay in place.


Solar Aquarion comes with 2 sets of fists, one open and the other for holding his sword. While Solar Aquarion may not have many accessories or weapons like some other SRCs, we get all his essential weapons and these really bring out the essense of the figure.

The infinity punch is the trademark attack of Solar Aquarion and Bandai really gave us a treat by giving us a gigantic fist that allows us to create the dramatic pose simulating a 3-dimentional display of a fist coming right at us. This is simply awesome!

Apart from what I have mentioned, I love the articulation of Solar Aquarion. The legs are free to do a wide range of motion, not restricted by skirt parts like some figures are, and considerations were also made to the shoulder parts so that we can shift them to allow Solar Aquarion to have a wider range of arm movements.

Overall, it is another great figure by Bandai and I highly recommend this piece. Check out my Youtube video on Solar Aquarion.


Do check out  http://www.ishop2go.com/ for your SRC needs, =)

2 comments:

  1. This is a well written post, if perhaps just about all writers provided exactly the same worth of content as you, the internet would be a far better location. Make sure you keep it up! I just ordered these consoles at PIJ! I’m excited! I’m going to have these in week! http://bit.ly/Aquarion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you and thx for your comment. I shall keep on review Sr Chogokin in future. Come and visit my blog. You can leave me comments if u have.

    ReplyDelete